Equilibrium and Harmony Through Knowledge
- EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES -
Some of my favorite books and resources.
Where Does My Horse Hurt? A Hands on Guide to Evaluating Pain and Dysfunction Using Chiropractic Methods
by Renee Tucker, DVM
Keep your horse pain-free and performing his best! Introducing 27 simple body checkups you can do on your horse—Where Does My Horse Hurt? is a do-it-yourself method for determining when and where your horse hurts.
With this easy-to-follow book, conveniently spiral-bound so you can lay it open on your tack trunk and follow the instructions as you work on your horse, you will:
• Become familiar with your horse's normal range of movement so you can prevent minor issues from becoming major.
• Stay in tune with areas of temporary or chronic discomfort so you can offer relief as needed.
• Solve "mystery" or "phantom" lamenesses that come and go seemingly without reason.
• Save thousands of dollars by avoiding expensive diagnostics that rarely get you answers.
• Learn how to discuss potential problem areas with farriers, veterinarians, and bodyworkers.
• Keep your horse actively and happily "in work" for more months of the year, and more years of his life.
Horse Harmony Feeding Guide
by Madalyn Ward, DVM
Health-wise, each of the types is prone to different ailments and illnesses. For example, the ultra-competitive Wood horse tends to suffer injuries to the tendons and ligaments, as well as being a prime candidate for intestinal ulcers. The Metal horse, on the other hand, has extremely strong tendons and ligaments, but often suffers from breathing and lung issues, such as heaves. Luckily, by following a specific feeding program designed to bolster the health weaknesses of each type, most of these conditions can be prevented or alleviated.
This book covers specific guidelines for feeding each of the main Five-Element Temperament types of Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. For each type, this book outlines a nutritionally solid diet,including feed, supplements, fruits, vegetables, spices, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, each chapter offers specific recipes for immune, digestive, uro-genital, and musculo-skeletal support. With this book you will be able to design a custom feeding program designed to enhance your horse's strengths while bolstering his constitutional weaknesses.
Veterinary Botanical Medical Association
College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies
Veterinary Institute of Integrative Therapies
Connect and Explore the world of Horses.
More than an Online Directory.